According to recent estimates, one third of the American work force has stolen on the job. Don’t let it happen to your business. Redwitz, Inc.is committed to serving our clients in prevention, detection and investigation of fraud. This practice begins with implementing an effective internal control system. To protect your business from embezzlement, a working internal control system must be in place.
Redwitz, Inc. can also help you with a fraud audit or fraud examination, if you suspect fraud has been committed. A fraud audit is employing methods of data collection and analysis comparable to a traditional financial audit. A fraud audit generally is distinguished from a fraud examination by the level of predication and the scope of inquiry. The objective of a fraud examination is to achieve an overall resolution of the situation.
What is a Certified Fraud Examiner?
Certified Fraud Examiners are experts in the prevention, detection, and investigation of fraud. The Certified Fraud Examiner (CFE) is a credential awarded by the Association of Certified Fraud Examiners (ACFE). The ACFE association is the world’s largest anti-fraud organization and premier provider of anti-fraud training and education.
Fraud examiners combine knowledge of complex financial transactions with an understanding of investigation, law, and how to resolve allegations of fraud. Fraud examiners are also trained to understand not only how fraud occurs, but why.
Our CFE professionals have the ability to:
- Understand how fraud is committed and how it can be identified;
- Examine books and records to detect and trace fraudulent transactions;
- Interview suspects to obtain information and confessions;
- Write investigation reports, advise clients as to their findings, and testify at trial
- Be well-versed in the law as it relates to fraud and fraud investigations; and
- Understand the underlying factors that motivate individuals to commit fraud.
Certified Fraud Examiners are reducing business fraud world-wide and inspiring public confidence in the integrity and objectivity within the profession.
For a consultation, please contact us at 949-753-1514.